Saint John Sea Dogs Communications Intern – Saint John Sea Dogs Hockey Club (Saint John, NB)
The Saint John Sea Dogs are currently accepting applicants for a paid part-time internship for the upcoming 2019-20 hockey season. This is an excellent opportunity for a student or young professional looking for real world experience in communications, sports media, journalism and entertainment.
Job Title: Saint John Sea Dogs Communications Intern
Deadline to Apply: August 20th, 2019 5:00 PM ADT
Anticipated Start Date: September 2019
This position has various roles which will be assigned based on skills and comfort level including:
- Writing live game recaps for use online
- Write content for Sea Dogs website
- Support game day radio and TV broadcasts
- Aid in production of game day program
- Acting as team liaison with local media re: interviews/stats/photos etc.
- Assisting with social media posting and monitoring such as Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram
- Facilitate needs of local media on game days
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- A general knowledge of hockey
- Familiar with all social media platforms
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outgoing and ambitious
- Flexible schedule – Must be able to work evenings and weekends (34 regular season home games + exhibition/playoff games as needed)
- Must be dependable and have a positive attitude
- Must have a reliable source of transportation
Education and Formal Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent education required
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop & InDesign an asset but not required
- Experience with video/audio equipment an asset but not required.
The selected individual will be given responsibilities and tasks based on ambition and eagerness to learn.
To apply please send resume and cover letter (in PDF format only) to Jon Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 506.650.9313 for more information.
Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.